Sunday, April 24, 2011

They say he draws... On occasion




W00t! Set up with a copy of Photoshop CS4, installed, and even gave it it's first run through the paces tonight. CS4 looks weird :S I miss my old PS classic/legacy/whatever interface. Something tells me I've just completely missed an option somewhere; spacey artist is spacey heh.

I have new items that need scanning, some of which I'm even kinda proud of. And yes, yet others that are scanned and half done... They'll get done. Eventually. I swear... don't quote me on that.

And we even have some newness up tonight, woo! Took me long enough >.>
I'm still trying to get a decent looking scan of pieces colored in marker, but these are leaps forward from what I was coming up with. There's a very 'Saturday morning cartoon' feel to these in particular. I find they give me a really nostalgic feeling, like sitting on the floor in my pj's watching reruns of the old 1960's animated spidey. You've probably noticed my aversion to drawing the web-detail on the whole costume. Well, that's where it comes from. Mask, gloves, boots; the rest can stay solid red and unobtrusive. I like to think I take cues from guys like Ditko and Romita Sr. and mix them with McFarlane, Ramos, Hererra (sp?) for a mix of very old spidey through a modern lens. But enough hot air, enjoy the silly men in tights punching each other, and new updates should be a little more frequent and regular again. Scouts honor lol.

Chewing sharpies
nico

No comments:

Post a Comment