Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies Oh my.

So that thing I finished recently is now officially online and viewable. It's a very cool blog written by the talented Kell Harker and posted on SFX magazines website. This was a lot of fun to illustrate because... Well... Monsters are fun to draw heh. Everybody should head over to SFX immediately after reading this and check it out. And of course feel free to throw copious compliments to Kell in the comments and force the poor lady to blush across the internets :P

Moving right along, I have two active projects on the go at the moment as well. I've been commissioned to do the cover image for a one-shot being released sometime between summer and fall-ish (if I remember correctly) by ink'd well comics. I've mentioned it before, I think, but it bears repeating. Jay is a great guy and a talented writer, and I'm stoked to be able to have the chance to do this for him. It's a short project, but it's already proving so fun to do. I have the thumbnail design done to where I'm happy with the layout and can start on the full size soon. I should probably mention the title is "Infantasy".

The other project on the go is a 5 page short for the upcoming "What the wild things read" compilation due out later this year. It's being written by Jennie Roy, who like the previous two individuals mentioned, kicks ass by the cart load. We've got a really fun concept going that's been a blast to work on from point one. What I will say about the strip for now is this; "Fucking Ninjas". Because we were 80's babies and therefore the ninja is king! Also there may be other plans involving this short after it's "WTWTR" release, but that's getting way ahead of myself.

As for getting some art online here, you know, the kind you can actually see now instead of in six months or some such; it's on the way. I'm working on the Spidey/green goblin piece that was previewed recently, and started colors on the eluded to "much better" piece just the other day. What's the "much better" you ask? Well... Batman is a bad ass, do I really need to say any more than that? Really?

And there you have it, projects afoot, and some personal stuff in between. New art up soon, fanboy's promise.

-chewing sharpies

No comments:

Post a Comment